Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Apple Pear


Have you ever heard of an apple-pear? I hadn't before, but I saw these in the produce section when I went to grocery store yesterday and they looked interesting. They are not cheap. I think I paid about  $1.50 for each of them so they would have to be only an occasional treat. But my goodness they are delicious!!! Practically like dessert. They taste mostly like a pear to me but the fruit is softer like the apple. The skin looks a little weird but tastes just fine. I only bought three so we sliced them up and shared them here, but they were a hit with my kids too! I'm definitely going to buy them again. When trying to get in our daily allotment of fruits and vegetables it helps sometimes to have a little extra variety to choose from. I recommend you give the apple pear a try!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment