Saturday, April 9, 2011

Slim In 6


People often ask me about the workouts I used to lose weight. I've used many different programs over time, but two in particular during my serious weight loss period. Early on in my journey I was led to a company called beachbody (I came to love the products so much that I eventually became one of their sales representatives or "coaches" myself) I had put it out on facebook that I was looking for a program for a person who was starting from a fairly low fitness level that was easy on the abs since I had a severe umbilical hernia at the time. A guy named Eric that I had known in high school was coaching for beachbody and told me about the Slim In 6 Program. So that is where I began. The focus of the workouts is on burning fat rather than bulking up muscle although you do build muscle as well. But they are mostly aerobic in nature and meant to help you lose steadily over a six week period. The beauty of this program for beginners is that it takes a measured approach and works you up gradually. It begins with a "Start it Up" workout. Once you have mastered that after a week or two it intensifies into the "Ramp It Up" workout and then the "Keep It Up" after that. So you can go at your own pace and get more intense as you are ready. In a related series Debbie Siebers has some express programs for those short on time. These are all about 30 minutes long for days when you are in a hurry but still want to squeeze in a workout.

Pros:

-It can be tailored to your current fitness level.
-Debbie is pleasant to watch and very encouraging.
-Reasonable cost compared to other programs out there.

Con:

-It can get a little monotonous to do the same workout daily once you reach the "keep it up" level. So you'll want to have other programs to alternate with this one for variety.

I would highly recommend this program to anyone starting out. Or anyone looking for a fun workout to add to their collection. I don't want to imply that it's easy. You'll definitely work hard. It's just more accessible for beginners than some workouts available out there because of the easier versions that you begin with. But I go back to "Keep It Up" occasionally and still find it challenging.

If you are interested in ordering this program or learning more about it you can check out my website at

www.beachbodycoach.com/fitnessmamax9   or click on the logo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment