Friday, March 18, 2011

Pogo Stick Workout Plan

It was a gorgeous day yesterday so the kids and I were out playing in the cul-de- sac. They were all jumping on our pogo sticks so I thought I would give it a try too. It looked fun and not that hard. HA! Well that was a humbling experience. It took my awhile to be able to keep my balance, but once I got going it was super fun. But let me tell you it was quite a workout. I was exhausted after just a couple of minutes. I googled it and learned that pogo stick jumping burns about 600 calories an hour. If I can get over the idea that my neighbors might be laughing at me, I think this would be a great alternative form of exercise on occasion. And it's fun to be doing something that involves the kids too. If you haven't pogoed in awhile you should give it a whirl. Burn calories while playing with the family. What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment