Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Reading Material For Read Across America Day!

In honor of Read Across America Day I thought I would share with you a few books I like about fitness and health. I hope you also find them informative and inspirational:



This is a new book out by Tony Horton...the man who brought you P90X. I have not read this one yet, but I intend to as soon as my copy arrives. Having gone through the P90X program personally, I have great respect for Tony. His enthusiasm and example helped me so much along the way. He's a few years older than I am, but is in better shape than most men half his age!!! And he has such an upbeat friendly personality that it made those difficult early morning workouts far more fun. I can't wait to read the book and hear what all he has to say.




This is a great overall program that covers both fitness and nutritional tips. My favorite part of this program is the "free day". Bill Phillips' message becomes like a voice inside your head helping you press forward when times get tough. Very motivating!





All I can say about this book is WOW! I read it straight through. Laughed and cried. Dean Karnazes pushes the limits of the human body to extreme levels and shows you the possibilities. I figure that if he can do THAT then surely I can get up and run a couple miles right? This is a great book even for non fitness enthusiasts, encouraging all of us to reach for our dreams and expand our potential.




Joyce's workout is easy to follow and really tones you up. It's not easy necessarily , but when you see the pictures of how amazing she looks in her 50's you figure what the heck? It's worth the pain. The exercises are illustrated clearly and the plan laid out in a well organized way. Great book for those looking for a simple at home weight lifting program.

No comments:

Post a Comment