Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review: Tracy Anderson - Perfect Design Series


A friend of mine loaned me this DVD series to try and review. So I've been doing these workouts this week. I would give them a mixed review. A 3 out of 5 maybe? I found the warm-up and arm segments to be rather chaotic and hard to follow. To be fair it may be my lack of dance skills to blame, but I had a tough time figuring out what she was doing most of the time. But the exercise segments themselves were very good. She is in great shape herself and has a pleasant soothing voice. I liked that there was minimal equipment necessary...only a chair at a few points so they could be done almost anywhere. The moves were designed to use your own body weight and resistance to help push your muscles. The series seems geared more to body sculpting than aerobics, and the key to her program appeared to be repetition with many many reps of each move. I was pretty sore the next day when I did these workouts and new muscle patterns were tested and tried. The DVD's show endorsements from Courtney Cox and Shakira who are no doubt far better dancers than I am. So I am sure that the parts I had a hard time with would get easier after a few times through watching more closely. Overall a pretty good program.


Tracy Anderson Perfect Design Series: Sequence II

No comments:

Post a Comment