Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Starting New Series - Melt It Off

Finished up the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels a couple of days ago. It was a great program. Loved it. Only lost three pounds in the month I did it, BUT I gained a lot of strength and endurance.

Started a new one today. A friend loaned me 7 DVD's by Mitch Gaylord - the "Melt It Off" series. I'll be going through them one by one and posting my impressions after I finish each. These workouts use a medicine ball which I have never tried before. Will take some getting used to, but it's a fun change of pace.  Wish me luck!!

Today I began with the "Sizzlin' Buns & Legs" workout - since this was mostly focused on the lower body the medicine ball was not used too much. More just as an extra weight to carry during most of the moves. This workout comes in two parts. Standing - lots of lunges and squats. You'll definitely feel the burn. And the Floor - toning the bum for the most part but some core work too. I liked the standing section better of the two. Good workout. I'm looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment