Friday, June 24, 2011

Review: "Melt it Off w/ Mitch Gaylord...Sizzlin' Hot Abs"

I did another DVD in the "Melt It Off Series" with Mitch Gaylord yesterday. The Sizzlin' Hot abs workout. It was great. In a very short time period (I didn't time it but I would guess approximately 15 minutes?) I felt like I got a pretty thorough workout. The hardest part about it for me were the two segments where you need to hold your body in plank position. It never ceases to amaze me how difficult that simplistic move really is. I really liked the reverse crunches and the times when you moved the ball back and forth in conjunction with the legs, because my arms got a little work in too. Mitch leads this workout himself, and walks you carefully through each move so there is no confusion. The exercises are easy to follow and negotiate, but make you sweat nonetheless. Great workout for a morning where you are pressed for time or are resting other muscles. Or could be used as a supplemental workout to target the abs in addition to a run perhaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment